Real talk is a show which aims to get to the heart of social issues. It’s aim is to engage dialogue with the youth on issues which affect our daily lives. Since the launch of the first pilot series last year, the show has received excellent reviews for its style and content. The show is broadcast on MTA International and is one of the few shows targeted specifically at the youth. Filmed on location at MTA’s Baitul futuh studios, the show is filmed in a style aimed to engage the youth and encourage them to contribute to the many topics discussed.
The show is hosted by Mta International’s Ghaalib Khan, and the Lajna series by Tehmeena Amir and is run by the many volunteers who dedicate their time for MTA.
Some of the many guests who have appeared on the show include:
- A Sky news presenter
- A Former Director of the Commission for racial equality
- A local councillor for the Royal borough of Sutton
- The executive of the Young Fabians
- A Journalist for the BBC world service
- A Foreign Exchange trader from the Swiss finance corporation
- A religious Scholar for the Ahmadiyya Community in the USA
- And International Human Rights Lawyer
- A Careers Advisor and graduate prospect specialist
- An Internet Entrepreneur
- An NHS Clinical Psychologist
- An International Marketing Director for Humanity First
- A Recruitment Consultant
Since the inception of the show we have been able to set up series not only in the UK, but in the USA and Canada, with plans for further expansion, to establish Real Talk as a global Muslim discussion program franchise.
We have established many links with a number of organisations during the series continue to develop the show to reach out and educate as many of the youth as possible.